12.08.2011

Munchies 4 Missions

This summer I got to travel to Columbus, OH for North American Youth Congress. I met up with my sister and her church from NY, and we had a blast. The last time I got to go I was about 14. This trip was much more meaningful for me.

For awhile I've been feeling like there's something extra I need to be doing. Some goal I need to be striving for. I found out what it was this summer.

Our church organization hosts missions trips each summer for youth and young adults. There are numerous overseas trips to choose from and some North American trips as well. I've known about Apostolic Youth Corps for years, but was never interested. My parents and family have told me I should go on a trip, but I like being home, and I like being in my comfort zone, so I never gave it any thought.

At Youth Congress one night they had individuals get up who had been on AYC trips last summer. One of the girls was from my sister's church. After hearing their stories and listening to the speaker talk about the life changing trips, I leaned around and looked at my sister. She was looking at me at that precise moment too. I kind of smiled and nodded. She did too. I had found what it was I was supposed to be doing.

After much prayer and thought, I've almost 100% decided on the Tanzania trip. I've felt a certain pull there, and have heard wonderful things about the missionaries. Just saying Tanzania is where I'm going is exciting to me. I can't wait to be on the plane, to be landing in Africa of all places, and to be working with the host missionaries. I want it to be July right now!

However, before I can go anywhere I need to raise money. Quite a bit, actually. So, this Saturday my Mom is helping me host a booth at the Merry Mall in our town. The Merry Mall is an empty building on Broadway where vendors can set up and sell their wares. Our Christmas parade is that evening, so people will be milling around town, hopefully stopping in and buying things!

Anyone who will be around Cleveland should come see me! I'll be selling Christmas goodies, as well as hair bows, braided headbands and clippies. ALL my proceeds will be going toward my trip.


The official Munchies 4 Missions List:

Chocolate Marshmallow Pops
-Jumbo marshmallows dipped in milk chocolate on a pretzel lollipop stick.

Chocolate Cake Reese's Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies
-Devil's food cake mix cookies dotted with mini chocolate chips and crumbled Reese's cups.

Crunchy Holiday Peanut Butter Mix
-A fun twist on trail mix with Golden Graham's, Cocoa Puff's, pretzels, peanuts and Reese's pieces, tossed in white chocolate and powdered sugar.

Haddles
-Clusters of mini marshmallows, peanuts and white chocolate.

Tiger Butter
-Peanut butter and white chocolate fudge swirled with milk chocolate.

Sweet N' Salty Sammies
-A Hershey's Hug sandwiched between two salty pretzel snaps.

Homemade Peanut Brittle
Traditional Peanut Butter Cookies


I hope you can stop in and see me this weekend. I know not everyone can, so more than anything I covet your prayers. I've never been out of the country before...let alone to Africa, so there is still some trepidation on my part. I know this is what God wants for me, and I'm beyond thrilled to be preparing for this trip, but I need all the prayer I can get! Pray that God will give me strength, courage and the ability to truly help where I am needed while I am there. Pray that we will see souls saved.

-Jenn With 2 N's

P.S. If you would like to order any goodies for Christmas send an email to jlsdesign@att.net.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you! Paul will be jealous, Africa is tops on his traveling wishlist. Wish we weren't busy on Saturday or we'd stop by. Good luck on sales and we'll be praying you get every penny you need :)

    ReplyDelete