5.01.2012

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

This will be a different, more personal post, but it's what I feel.

Many of you who follow and read my ramblings are close, personal friends. Many of you know of my struggles with being myself, being comfortable in my own skin, and trying to shape a healthier life for myself.

Last year, I tried a radically different approach to a healthier life, and it worked. The end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012 were great for me. I felt good. I ate better, I lived larger...it was wonderful.

But with anything I ever do, I became careless with it. Letting this or that slip in. For the past few months I've been pushing myself to make a more concerted effort to get back to the me that I want to be.

Today, Andie, a person I really don't know, but I do, has inspired me to get back on that path. She is forever my inspiration. She talks straight, pulls no punches, and I adore her for it. She is always challenging me with her honest writings, and giving me inspiration through her own journey.

Read her post from today. I promise it's a keeper. She doesn't sugar coat anything. Because honestly, we'd just eat that too.

Last year I started a personal blog to track my progression to a healthier me. I'm contemplating opening that blog up and linking it to this blog, to give myself more accountability. It's a scary thought, so some thought and preparation will have to go into that decision.

At any rate, I hope Andie's post and mine help someone who might be struggling. I can't tell you how many times I've fallen off the wagon. I have millions of virtual bruises and scraps from all those times. But that's not the point. The point is to pick yourself up, dust off the powdered sugar and sprinkles, and just keep going.




-Jenn (With 2 N's)

No comments:

Post a Comment