6.17.2013

T-10 Days to AYC DR

It just hit me this morning that I will be flying to the Dominican Republic in ten days. Count 'em. T-E-N. I haven't even started a packing list!

I should probably get on that.

Last week we received our detailed itinerary via email. That always gets me super excited and ready to get packing and get going. It looks like we have a full schedule this year and I'm so ready to be in the DR ministering and site seeing. I keep trying to tell myself the 80-90 degree temps with 70-80% humidity will be nothing...I am an Okie after all. I can handle it!



(1) We will arrive in Santo Domingo Friday evening after flying out from Miami. While there, we will have a service at the bible school. We will also travel to a village for another service and community work.

(2) On Monday we will travel to Santiago. Along the way, we get to stop at the Los Tres Ojos caves. It is a 50-foot open-air limestone cave. !! I can't wait to take a million pictures. We will be evangelizing and holding a service on Tuesday.

(3) Wednesday looks to be a fun day for us. We travel to Puerto Plata, and have a full day of activities. We will ride a cable car up the mountain, have lunch, and go to the beach. Yes, please!! After our fun we will travel back to Santiago. Thursday we take a small trip to the Youth Camp in Maimon where we will stay the rest of the time. Along this trip we will make a stop in Jarabacoa at the Saltos de Jimenoa, a beautiful waterfall.

(4) After ministering at the Youth Camp for 2 days, we leave to go back to Santo Domingo Sunday afternoon.

(5) Monday morning (3:30 am to be exact) we check out of our hotel and head back to Miami.

The more I think about it, the more antsy I get to be on the plane and in the DR with our group. Ever since being in Tanzania last year, I haven't been able to get missions out of my mind. I know God has placed a burden on my heart to reach globally for souls, and I'm so excited to expand my missions horizon and travel to a new country.

Please keep our team in your thoughts and prayers over the next few days leading up to our trip, and while we are gone. I will post as frequently as I can, but have no idea what our WiFi situation will be once we get there.

Bring on the sweaty, hot temps and soul winning. I'm ready for it!

-Jenn (With 2 N's)

No comments:

Post a Comment