9.04.2013

Coming Back to Life

It seems like I will never be a "3 times a week" blogger. It's a miracle if I'm a 3 times a month blogger! But no matter how crazy and hectic life gets, I always miss this little spot of mine on the interwebs.

Since my last post, lots of things have happened in life. My trip to the DR was both successful and tragic. We had times of great laughter and times of great sorrow. God was with us the entire way, and only HE knows the end of the journey for all of us. I know all of our team was there for a reason, and everything we encountered was to mold and shape our futures.

As much as I've missed blogging, I haven't even been able to formulate a complete post since we got back in July. Life didn't go exactly as our team had planned, and it's tough to gather your thoughts together while you're still processing things.

A few days into our trip tragedy struck our group and shook us all to our core. God was with us, and we know ALL things work together for the good. It's still tough to see God's plan in everything, but I know he's working in all of our lives. One of our team members had a terrible accident, and she has a long road of recovery ahead of her. Even though she was the one experiencing the physical pain of her tragedy, we are all still going through the pain with her. She is one of the absolute strongest individuals I've ever met in my life, and God taught me so many lessons through being with her during her time of crisis.  If you'd like to keep up with her journey, she is blogging about her experience here. Please know that what happened is devastating and, to be frank, gruesome. God is speaking through her situation and using her story for HIS glory, and part of that process is her telling a detailed account of what happened to her. Please be aware before clicking over and reading her blog.

I put together a video of just a FEW of the many things we did during our ten days. Thank you to EVERYONE who contributed in any way, big or small, to make this trip possible for me.



You can also visit my YouTube Channel to see tons of videos I posted from the services we had. God moved in such a powerful way during our time there. It's just hard to describe! While we were gone I kept up a team journal on our blog The DR Team. If you'd like to go read through detailed accounts of what happened, feel free.

I learned so many lessons I never imagined I would have to learn in those short ten days. God gave me patience and strength I never knew existed inside me. I'm SO thankful for these opportunities of travel God is allowing me to experience. It's a new passion He has birthed in me, and while it isn't easy, I wouldn't trade my burden for missions for anything in the world.

As always, I can't promise when I'll post again, but I hope you'll keep checking back to see what's going on in my little world.

-Jenn (With 2 N's)

No comments:

Post a Comment