7.22.2011

Where has the morning gone?

It's Friday! I was hoping I wouldn't get to this point with only one blog under my belt for the week, but alas, that is what has happened.

It's been a busy sort of week. But, the weekend is upon us, and I'm looking forward to it!


I have had lots of interest in my new hand braided headbands, so I will be hitting the thrift stores this weekend to find some t-shirts! And I've had a hankering to do some new projects that do not involve hair accessories (I know....I'm obsessed), so I'm going to see if any of the local craft stores have some good deals on scrap material.

I've found some wonderful inspiration over on Pinterest for some new crafts, and I can't wait to try them all!

Awhile back I purchased some large and small canvas tote bags from Hobby Lobby that were 1/2 price. I've been itching to do something with them, and I've found tons of ideas this week.

I've seen this done before, and just love the effect the painted doily gives. The tutorial looks super easy, and would be very inexpensive!

This bag just spoke to me. :) I love how it's not perfect. And the patterns are all totally different but they blend so nicely. I don't own a sewing machine, and frankly, sewing machines and I don't usually get along, so I would hand-sew my tote, which I think would give it a nice effect.


If you know me, I mean, REALLY know me, you know I kind of love flip-flops. I have more of them in my closet than regular shoes. I just love them!

So when I found these DIY flip-flops, I feel madly in love. I ADORE these zebra ruffled flippies. The tutorial is in-depth, and requires a sewing machine, so I've been contemplating how to create these sturdy enough by hand sewing them. Ideas??


These, on the other hand, would be MUCH easier to create. And I also love the way they look! I actually used this tutorial and created some flippies, but I used braided cotton (similar to the headbands.) Unfortunately, they didn't turn out so fabulous. So I am going to rip out the fabric and do it over.

So that's what's been going on! Lots of brainstorming and contemplating. Hopefully this next week I'll be able to get back to my craft table and have some stuff to show you!

Have a wonderfully FABULOUS weekend!

-Jenn (With 2 N's)

1 comment: