4.24.2013

T-65 Days to AYC DR

Sixty-five days. I can't believe we're already in the double digits!
It just hit me today how close this trip is.

If you had told me two years ago that I would be going out of the country not one, but two times, I would've told you, "You're nutso!" But here I am... preparing for my second missions trip.

After being in Tanzania last year, I knew before I even got home that I had to travel again. Missions grabbed my heart and hasn't let go. I strongly contemplated and prayed about going back to Africa this year. That place has a piece of my heart. But I realized God had other plans, and I'm happy to be broadening my missions scope.
This year I'm going with a group of 50 students and young adults to the Dominican Republic, which is located in the Caribbean. We will be ministering in the National Youth Camp and distributing humanitarian aid in the village areas.

I am excited to get another perspective through the aid work we will be doing. Traveling through the village areas of Tanzania last year was the most humbling experience I've ever gone through. I know the Dominican will be just the same.

We have some fun things planned as well, like visiting Santo Domingo (the oldest known city in the New World) as well as seeing gorgeous sites (like waterfalls!) along the way.

I think I'll go pack my bags right now!

-Jenn (With 2 N's)

No comments:

Post a Comment