8.18.2011

Summer Time. Party Time. Any time.

This weekend my very best friend and her husband are coming to dinner for my birthday! I had all these grand plans of having all of my closest friends over, and I was so sad that half of them already had plans. BUT, I get to have celebratory lunch with Bestie#1 on Friday, and celebratory dinner with Bestie#2 that evening! Jesus blessed me with some spectacular friends.

I normally don't go all out for dinner parties, but I wanted to make this one special. It will be the first time Bestie#2 has been to my house with her newest addition, Sir Andrew! So I wanted to make it extra special.

I've been searching Pinterest and the internet for easy DIY ideas for decorating, and I love all the ideas I've found!


I had the idea to use a piece of laminated scrapbook paper as placemats, and I really like this idea from Martha herself. Simply cut a V into the corner of your placemat to make a cute pop-up name tag!


I've been seeing these adorable garlands and mobiles made of circles. In our dining room we have a beautiful full length window, so I'm planning on making these to hang there. I can't wait to see the effect with the sun shining through the window!


I just love the feeling of this set-up. I planned on having flowers on the table, in some bright, colorful vases I've been saving.


This is my perfect color palette. I love vibrant, bright colors, and these will be what I decorate with.


I really like the look of mason jars as cups, and have access to the jars with handles on them, which I love. I also really like the cute, striped straws that have been cropping up everywhere lately. I plan on getting some to match the color theme!

I can't wait to show you guys how it all turns out!!

-Jenn (With 2 N's)


1 comment:

  1. Wish we could be there! Looks as though it will be very pretty though!

    ReplyDelete