12.22.2011

The Gift of Giving

One of my most favorite things about Christmas is giving presents. I just LOVE the anticipation before giving someone a gift. I'm so awful at keeping secrets and waiting. It's pretty hilarious. I always wait till the last minute to buy gifts because I want to give them all away as soon as I buy them!

The first gift I got to give this season was to my wonderful boss and his lovely wife. We are a small office, so there are only 3 of us. We always try to do something fun, so this year we decided to put together a date-night basket for them, since they are recent empty-nesters.


My big brother in the office, Nick, went on a covert Facebook operation to find out their favorite dining spots and candies from their kids. The "boss" of the office, Sheila, ;) had her mom-in-law make some very cool "quillows." They are thin, cotton quilts that fold up into their own pillow! So, very cool. Their family is very patriotic, and my boss has tons of Americana decorations in his office, so when Sheila found these cute fabrics, we knew they were perfect! We filled two baskets (his and hers) with their favorite snacks, popcorn, hot cocoa mix and a gift card for movie rentals, as well as a gift card to their favorite restaurant.

The boss-man's wife works right down the street, so we called her and asked her to come up to the office for a minute...only to realize our boss had walked down to her place! They both ended up coming in at the same time, and we got to surprise them with their fun goodies.

I'm telling you, there is nothing better than seeing someone's face light up and being on the giving end. It's so much fun! I love it. I can't wait for Christmas day when our family gets to exchange presents. We tried to keep it very low-key this year, but I know they are gonna love what I picked out.

Christmas for the win! =)

-Jenn (With 2 N's)

No comments:

Post a Comment