5.20.2013

Momma L's Chicken Salad

I attended a Ladies' Night Out this weekend with a group of church ladies. We all brought party foods, and ate and played games all evening. It was a wonderful time!

My Mom makes some unconventional but delicious chicken salad, and I knew it would be a hit.


The ingredient list sounds odd at first, but trust me when I say they come together to make one tasty chicken salad.

You'll need:
1 package Uncle Ben's Long Grain & Wild Ready Rice
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
2 12oz cans of chicken
1 small can diced water chestnuts
1 small package of slivered almonds

A couple of notes:
You can't sub Miracle Whip for the mayo. You just can't. I love it on sandwiches, but it won't do this chicken salad justice. Also, I buy the diced water chestnuts, and then dice them finer once I open them.


This is really hard, but combine all the ingredients together.


I know...it's a tedious recipe to put together.

It's best to make this a few hours ahead of time and set it in the fridge to chill. When you get everything combined, it will seem like there is WAY too much mayo and sour cream. However, after it chills for awhile it all comes together nicely.

The first time I made this, it seemed odd that no seasonings were called for. I don't know how it works out, but it doesn't need anything.

It's magical chicken salad!


Mom usually serves it on croissants, which is very delicious. I also like to eat it as a snack with some Ritz crackers. Yum!

One batch is enough to make about 25 small croissants. Make some and let me know how quickly it disappears.

Happy Monday!

-Jenn (With 2 N's)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I love this, I was just thinking of it the other day and thought I need to get that recipe again! Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete