5.24.2013

Craigslist Finds & Crafty Bugs

Last weekend was a very good one. I'm not sure why I'm just now talking about it, but those are wonderings for another day.

My bestie and I went to the big city for a day of shopping. She was in need of some new duds, and I was happy to tag along as her consultant. ;) We got a later start than we planned, and had a two hour drive, but it's nothing new for us to start our day late when we get together. It's kind of our thing.

It still amazes me that I can be with her for 10+ hours straight, and we literally never stop talking. I even tried to think of one time in the entire day that we weren't conversing. It was possibly the 5 seconds when I had my mouth full of pasta primavera, or when she was scarfing down her cheese pizza. It is one of the many reasons why I value our friendship.

So, on to the story of my FIRST ever Craigslist purchase. I've been seeing painted globes, chalkboard globes and any other form of DIY globe on Pinterest, and it's had me hankering for a globe I could customize.

This painted/washi taped globe is seriously adorable.

Source


And this painted globe? I'm in love with it. It's my favorite so far.
PaintedGlobe1
Source

So, a few days before our shopping trip, I thought I would peruse Craigslist for the 100th time in search of a globe. I hadn't had any luck the previous 99 times I had looked. The globes I'd found on Ebay were selling for upwards of $50, and there's no way I wanted to pay that much if I was going to paint it. Honestly, I would feel terrible taking paint to a vintage globe.

MIRACULOUSLY, I found a brand new globe for a whopping $10! It was located in the City, so after our shopping was over we swung by and picked it up from the lady selling it!!


I'm SUPER excited to get started painting it, but I first have to figure out exactly what I want on it. I've found some incredibly inspiring travel quotes recently, but I just can't decide! I have a Pinterest board completely devoted to my new love for traveling, so hopefully soon I can decide what I want to do with this lovely globe.

After looking around Pinterest for globe ideas, the craft bug was biting me hard. Since I made Mother's Day cards, I've been wanting to do more fun stuff. One of my girlfriends had a birthday last weekend, so Sunday I sat down and whipped out a cute frame for her.


She is a lover of bright, neon colors, so I knew she would love the bright ribbon and flowers. After I was done, I was tempted to keep it for myself, but resigned myself to gift it to her.

This only took about 2 hours to put together. Most of that time was spent trying to decide which direction I wanted to go in. The ribbons are from my ever-growing collection. I just took the back, picture and glass out and tied them around the frame. The flowers are from a Calypso Script Hydrangea Tin by Prima from Michael's. I used some buttons and embellishments I had, and glued them all together. I added some Stickles glitter glue to the flowers and the buttons to give it some extra glittery pop.

It was a wonderful, fun, crafty weekend. I got in some much needed girl time with my best, and the frame was loved. All in all, I call that a successful weekend!


-Jenn (With 2 N's)

1 comment:

  1. Why am I just now seeing this??? LOVE this!!! Sniff, sniff!!! And GREAT job on the frame! :)

    ReplyDelete